WP Flickr Background is a simple to use WordPress plugin that allows you to display a photo from Flickr and other sources as the theme background, without the need to modify any files.
All you need to do is create one or more galleries within the plugin’s settings, each containing a collection of photos that you have chosen, and WP Flickr Background will randomly select a photo from the active gallery to display as the theme background.
You can also customise a gallery by adding CSS styling code that will be loaded along with the photo, allowing you to color match the WordPress theme to the particular photo displayed or for other use.
- Use photos from the Media Library, your own computer or websites other than Flickr as the background
- Decide how often the background image should change (ie., every day, once per browser session, etc.)
- Stretch a background photo horizontally and/or vertically
- Align background photos according to the visitor’s screen layout
- Optionally disable the original theme’s background
- Support for WordPress caches such as WP Super Cache
- Multiple galleries
- Custom CSS style sheet per gallery, loaded with the theme if it’s active
This project is licensed free of charge under the terms and conditions of GNU GPLv3. Donations are welcome!
WP Flickr Background has been superseded by Background Manager
and is no longer actively maintained, nor available for download.