It allows you to create multiple image sets, from which an image is selected and displayed as the website background. The images can be uploaded from your local computer, selected from the images available in your Media Library, or import them from other plugins and third-party sources.
Easy to use
With an easy to use menu, you can also define how the background image is displayed, such as full-screen (with ratio correction), tiled, fixed or scrolling, define where the image is positioned and how a background image is selected (random or in sequential order).
Full screen images will cover the entire browser window, and with ratio correction the image will never be distorted (“squished” or “stretched”).
Where supported, in full-screen mode the the background image is optionally “eased in” when it is ready to be displayed. No longer will visitors with slower Internet connections have to endure watching a background image load from top down.
You can also limit the background images to certain parts of WordPress, for example only on the front page or a full-page post.
And for each individual page, post, category or tag, you can also override the images, overlay or color used as the background, which allows you to have pages or posts with a different background theme.
You also have the ability to add an overlay to the background images with a choice of pre-defined patterns. And of course it is also possible to add a background color.
Each individual background image can also be linked to a specific URL, which allows a visitor to click anywhere on the background and be redirected to another page or website.
And much more! All this is done without the need to edit the theme or any other files!
.. My compliments for this plugin, I like it, its modern user friendly and up to date. – Ramzii
… The best and cleanest and easiest to understand plugin design I have seen! – Paal Joachim
… I love your plugin and it seems to be the best way to sort the backgrounds in a website. – metaltemple
- Integration with WordPress Media Library
- Full support for the WordPress Theme Customizer
- Full-screen background images
- Full control over position for images in normal display mode (tiling, positioning, scrolling and stretching)
- Optional “Ease in” of a full-screen background image
- Multiple Image Sets to select a random or sequential image from
- Override the Image Set for each Post, Page, Custom post type or by Tag(s) or Category
- User defined display interval between the background images (timed slideshow)
- Optional transition effects between the different background images displayed:
- Fade-in/Fade-out (Crossfade)
- Slide (Top, bottom, left or right)
- Cover (Top, bottom, left or right)
- Fade-in and Zoom
- CSS3 transitions: Bars, Zip, Blinds, Swipe, Random Blocks, Sequential Blocks, Concentric and Warp
- 18 pre-defined background overlays
- Enable or disable the background images on the Front page, Error pages, Custom post types, etc.
- Optional thumbnail/information tab for the visitor to learn more about the background
- Import from various sources, such as:
- Define the background opacity (available in Full Screen only)
- Background image links (click-able backgrounds)
- Track background clicks and impressions via Google Analytics
- Uses AJAX to load background images, keeping the website’s footprint small and improve caching
- Option to add a “Pin It” Pinterest button
Photo “Tulip stamens and pistil” by Muffet (CC-BY)
This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.